CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 3, 2010

"Is that another gnat bite or did you grow a third nipple."

Yes dear readers, that is a direct quote from my sweetie and guest blogger A. Those are the words she whispered to me last night when we were getting "cozy" here at home. Of course we started laughing so hard the mood was lost.

I made the mistake of spending yesterday afternoon out in the yard without bug repellant. Com'on, it was May 1st and windy. Why would I need to slather myself with bug spray?  Because I'm one of the unfortunate people that mosquitos and gnats find irresistable. I can be sitting with a group of people and no one will be bit except me. And then I can't just have the normal bite welt. Of course not, it has to mutate into some huge, swollen bump that I can barely resisit scratching. A and her nursing ways comes to the rescue and she's been slathering me with prescription steroid cream all day. There welts on the back of my neck, arms, legs and can you believe I was bit on my stomach, chest and even under one arm. How the hell does a gnat bite you under the arm?!! Guess I'm back to poisoning myself with DEET for the summer.

7 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

My sweetie hit his limit in the garden when the ants attacked.
Ah. Insects. Can't live without 'em but boy, it would be nice to try.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lumpy, forget that house, I'm staying in relatively bug free SoCal. ;)

Sarcastic Bastard said...

DEET is a fucking Godsend.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Ms. Moon- I have a re-occuring dream about giant anthills, like the ones in South America, in my backyard and they are eating everthing in sight. Wonder what that means?

Jude-Wuss!

SB-without it I would hardly leave the house all summer.

Angie said...

Yay for A being such a great nurse. Bugs eat me alive to if I go out doors. Personally I like to think it is because we are so sweet.

Jen said...

Ugh. Sucks they are starting already!!!

StarGazer said...

hahaha.. A is hilarious. Sorry about your welts!